This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic, and committed individual to join a friendly Yorkshire based business as an Apprentice Commercial Gas Engineer.
A clearly mapped out apprenticeship programme over a four-year period, which focuses on you gaining the skills and experience to become a fully trained commercial gas engineer. From day one the role will involve working alongside various experienced multi-skilled gas engineers, on a variety of sites throughout Yorkshire and surrounding areas, maintaining and repairing heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems. Shortly after joining the company you will be enrolled on a course to support your training and development. Please note: apprentices will be expected to use their own vehicle to drive to/from site each day, so must have a full driving license and their own vehicle.
We are a well-established and growing maintenance and repair service provider of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning (HVAC), water/plumbing, electrical and other plant, and equipment in commercial properties in and around Yorkshire. The company can trace its roots back to 1932 but has been under its current management for around 10 years and has continued to grow year after year by focusing on delivering the best service to our customers.
We have a small, friendly office team who work between our office in Bishop Thornton, Harrogate and home as well as great bunch of field-based engineers who work on our customers sites throughout Yorkshire.
Employing the right people is extremely important to us, and we would encourage applicants to thoroughly read our job specification(s) and visit our website https://www.robinsonsfs.com to find out more about our business, before deciding whether to apply for this role.
- Full time.
- Overtime; where available.
- Apprentice rate (1st year) rising each year throughout the training and development programme.
- College and training fees paid.
- Daily allowance for college days.
- Up to 35 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Study leave.
- Company pension.
- A wide range, and ever-growing set of discretionary benefits available, including (but not limited to):
- Annual performance bonus.
- Long-term service bonuses at 5, 10 and 25-year intervals.
- Birthdays off each year.
- Customer feedback bonus.
- Life Assurance.
- Health cover including mental and physical health treatments.
- Referral bonuses.
- Assist engineers on day-to-day maintenance and reactive visits.
- Attend college on day release (or as otherwise required) to complete appropriate training required for role.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and improvement over the full four-year apprenticeship programme and beyond.
- Adhere to risk assessments and method statements to work in a safe manner.
- Must have full UK driving license and own vehicle (or be able to obtain this within 3 months of joining the company).
- Must be committed to both academic and work-based learning.
- Must be willing and able to drive to sites across Yorkshire and be flexible in work tasks, location and hours of work.
- Must have basic level of IT skills.
- Must be punctual, reliable and professional.