A growing maintenance and repair service provider of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning
(HVAC), water/plumbing, electrical and other plant and equipment in commercial properties
in and around Yorkshire. The company was formed in 2013 and has grown year on year by
focusing on delivering the best service to our customers, listening to their needs, and
adapting as required.
We would encourage applicants to thoroughly read our job specification(s) and visit our
Website https://www.robinsonsfs.com/ to find out more about our business, before
applying for any role with us.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard working domestic gas
engineer with a ‘can do’ attitude who is interested in upskilling to become
a commercial maintenance/repair engineer.
The day to day will involve maintaining and repairing a variety of domestic and commercial
(although at first, it will be much more domestic) heating, ventilation, air conditioning
(HVAC), water/plumbing, and electrical plant and equipment such as boilers, warm air
heaters, burners, etc; for our varied client base. We would look to gradually expose the
successful applicant to commercial works, with a view to getting their commercial gas tickets
within the first 12 months of their employment.
Each day would involve travelling directly to/from our sites (which are all based in/around
Yorkshire), undertaking maintenance/repair works, and regularly liaising with the Operations
Team over the phone and through our cloud-based job management software, as necessary.
We operate a 24-hour emergency call out service, so taking part in a Rota with other
engineers would also be required (typically one week out of every six).
Domestic gas maintenance/fault-finding experience is essential. A basic electrical
understanding would be preferred for the interaction with mechanical plant, as would
any installation experience or familiarity/qualifications with other plant and equipment such
as oil/LPG heating/hot water/combustion plant, catering equipment and/or air conditioning.
Sharing knowledge and experience with apprentices and other staff is important, and we
encourage the upskilling of our team through investing in additional training; from
obtaining extra tickets such as oil through to a whole new qualification like FGAS.
- Full time – 40 hours per week.
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (with a 30-minute unpaid break).
- Call-out; approximately one week in every six.
- Overtime; where available.
- Basic salary in the region of £28,080 p.a. (£13.50/hour) dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Door-to-door travel time paid.
- Market leading overtime and call-out rates.
- Training and support provided to gain commercial gas qualification.
- Company van provided, with the option for personal use.
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day for every 5 years’ service.
- A wide range of discretionary benefits available, including:
- Annual performance bonus.
- Long term service bonuses at 5, 10 and 25-year intervals.
- Birthdays off each year.
- Customer feedback bonus.
- Mental and physical health treatments.
- Referral bonuses.
- Maintaining domestic and commercial HVAC plant and equipment.
- Fault finding and repairing domestic and commercial HVAC plant and equipment through accurate diagnosis of faults and remedial works required.
- Preparing quotes (and highlighting opportunities for quotes) for remedial works identified on maintenance/other visits.
- Identifying and ordering replacement parts where needed.
- Undertaking surveys to identify scopes of works/planned maintenance.
- Completing risk assessments, reports and other documents as required.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other team members and apprentices.
- Liaising regularly with the Operations Team through our electronic job management system, the phone, and email regarding work progress and other relevant matters to ensure the smooth running of works.
- Putting the customer first, ensuring that communication is polite, informative, and professional, their site procedures are respected and always left clean and tidy, and that the highest levels of health and safety are observed.
- Completing other tasks as required to support the wider business.
- Must have a strong background in domestic gas maintenance/repair and all relevant and up to date gas qualifications.
- Must be interested in learning about commercial maintenance/repair and becoming a commercial engineer.
- Must have a full UK driving license.
- Must be able to work well alone as well as part of a team.
- Must have excellent communication skills and interact well with customers.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and professional.
- Must be willing to share knowledge and experience to help other engineers/apprentices and those who are not technical.
- Preferred basic electrical knowledge for interaction with mechanical plant.
- Preferred experience in other trades/qualifications such as oil/LPG/air conditioning.
- Preferred experience in installation/replacement of HVAC plant/equipment.
Robinsons Facilities Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Further information on our company’s ethos, including our Mission, Vision and Values, can be found on our website.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies.