This role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, organised, and excellent communicator to join a busy operations team as part of a friendly and growing Harrogate-based service business.
Working under the supervision of the Operations Manager, as part of a small and friendly Operations Team, you will be involved in all aspects of the operations function, with a particular focus focused on coordinating the work schedules of our in-house engineers and subcontractor partners. Speaking confidently on the phone should be second nature as it will be needed for many of the day-to-day responsibilities within this role.
The role will be extremely varied and as well as scheduling in engineers/subcontractors’ jobs it will involve updating records on simPRO (our job management software) and Microsoft Excel, contacting suppliers and subcontractors to get better prices or chase down delivery dates for parts, extracting data from reports for quotations and much more.
We are a well-established and growing maintenance and repair service provider of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning (HVAC), water/plumbing, electrical and other plant, and equipment in commercial properties in and around Yorkshire. The company can trace its roots back to 1932 but has been under its current management for around 10 years and has continued to grow year after year by focusing on delivering the best service to our customers.
We have a small, friendly office team who work between our office in Bishop Thornton, Harrogate and home as well as great bunch of field-based engineers who work on our customers sites throughout Yorkshire.
Employing the right people is extremely important to us, and we would encourage applicants to thoroughly read our job specification(s) and visit our website https://www.robinsonsfs.com to find out more about our business, before deciding whether to apply for this role.
- Full time (40 hours) is preferred however, part-time applicants will be considered provided they can work at least 24 hours a week.
- Hours to be worked between 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00am – 4:30pm Friday.
- Place of work will be our office in Bishop Thornton, HG3 3BF however home working for part of the week is permitted.
- Salary in the region of £23,000 p.a. (depending on experience, qualifications and hours worked)
- Up to 35 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension
- Further training and upskilling opportunities.
- A wide range, and ever-growing set of discretionary benefits available, including (but not limited to):
- Annual performance bonus
- Long term service bonuses at 5, 10 and 25-year intervals
- Birthdays off each year
- Customer feedback bonusHealth cover including mental and physical health treatments
- Referral bonuses
- Calling and emailing customers, engineers, suppliers, and other stakeholders to co-ordinate work.
- Updating records on our job management software, simPRO, on Microsoft Excel and elsewhere as required.
- Processing timesheets and other relevant documents.
- Preparing and following up quotations for a variety of maintenance, repair and installation works in co-operation with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and other members of the team.
- Coordinating with the Accounts Team and other internal team members as required.
- Scanning, filing,and archiving documents, opening post and general housekeeping as required.
- Completing other tasks as required to support the operations function and the broader business.
- Must have an excellent, friendly, and confident telephone manner.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate and build rapport with people at all levels.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in an office environment.
- Must be highly organised, be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload.
- Must be self-motivated, determined, capable of working from own initiative.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and professional.
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must have access to own transport (as public transport and public footpaths are not available at/around our office in Bishop Thornton, HG3 3BF).
- Must have access to PC, stable internet connection and quiet working area at home if you would like to work from home at any point.
Robinsons Facilities Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Further information on our company’s ethos, including our Mission, Vision, and Values, can be found on our website.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.