Last updated: 13th January 2021
All of us at Robinsons Facilities Services Ltd are very conscious of the concern and worry that many of our customers and contacts may have regarding the social and economic impact of the Coronavirus pandemic health crisis. The pandemic has already significantly impacted the HVAC industry, and more challenges are sure to come. We have produced this notice to outline some of the measures we will be taking to ensure we can continue to provide our essential services where they are needed whilst protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, customers and other contacts.
All visits to sites, whether pre-arranged or of a reactive nature, will be subject to a telephone risk assessment with a member of our office team prior to confirming attendance. Where attendances are required, our engineers have been provided safe working guidelines and issued with personal protective equipment. Any subcontractors or other third parties who are required to attend site have been issued with the same guidelines as our own in-house team. Further information on the measures for office and site-based staff can be found below.
We are keeping up to speed with government and regulatory guidance as it becomes available and encouraging all of our team to do the same. We will adapt this notice as this evolves.
All jobs scheduled in the diary must be called a minimum of 5 working days in advance to check that we can still attend site to complete works. During the call a verbal risk assessment will be completed with the client. Clients will be asked that should anything change between the date of the visit and our call to let us know immediately. The questions include:
- has anyone on the premises/site or who has had access to recently been ill or been suspected of having COVID-19? If yes, what steps (if any) have been taken to disinfect the premises?
- will anyone be present while the engineer is onsite? If so, can they maintain safe social distancing of 2m at all times whilst onsite?
- is there any other access to the property e.g. back/side entrance that our engineers could use to minimise interaction with people?
- are there are any site-specific precautions, we need to adhere to in respect of COVID-19?
Additional pre-work risk assessment COVID-19 specific questions
A series of questions specific to the risks posed by COVID-19 have been created and are automatically populated on the engineers’ mobile device prior to commencing works. The audit is designed to take a short amount of time whilst ensuring the engineer considers some important questions (and control measures for potential risks/hazards) concerning COVID-19. These questions are prior, and separate, to the other forms the engineer is required to complete and the system will not allow any work to be completed without each question having been completed in a satisfactory manner which demonstrates the works can proceed safely.
Uncontrolled when printed Issue No:4 / January 2021 Date Printed: 14 January 2021
Provision and use of additional PPE
All engineers have been provided with additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which includes:
- Disposable masks;
- Disposable gloves;
- Disinfectant spray/wipes;
- Disposable plastic bags.
Regular checks are undertaken with all engineers to verify they have sufficient PPE stock levels and additional supplies are ordered where necessary.
We have issued further protocol to our site-based team for when visiting sites which includes, where appropriate:
- wearing a facemask when entering sites;
- not accepting drinks and/or making physical contact (for example shaking hands) when on site;
- keeping their distance from people when on/entering site. An example would be if visiting a property
- knock on the door and step back to ensure an appropriate social distance;
- where appropriate wiping down surfaces after use with anti-bacterial spray/cleaning wipes;
- wearing clean uniform and removing facial hair regularly.
Travelling to / from site:
All engineers to travel to site in their own designated work vehicle. If for a specific reason two employees need to travel in the same vehicle, face masks will be worn by both employees and the windows will be open to ventilate the vehicle.
All engineers are required to thoroughly clean their vehicle once a week as well as an additional clean before and after someone else has been in the vehicle.
Government guidance on testing and isolation will be observed by the Company, and should any member of staff require a test this will be accommodated without delay.
Signed on behalf of Robinsons Facilities Services Ltd