Getting Back to Work & Back to Business
June 12th, 2020
Last updated: August 5th, 2022
As lockdown measures are easing, businesses are starting to reopen their doors for the first time in several months and there are sure to be many things that have to be considered as part of reopening and in becoming COVID-19 Secure.
Social distancing measures, requirements for PPE and enhanced self-cleaning being necessary will mean that the way of working for many businesses will be quite different.
Whilst you’re busy organising the day to day working set up, one thing that might easily be overlooked is making sure your building is operationally safe and efficient. In particular, that your plant and equipment is ready to be turned back on including your boilers, air conditioning, electrical equipment and plumbing systems.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, we can help with getting your building running again. Let us wake your building up!
Here are 5 Things Your Business Needs to Consider When Reopening:
- Disinfection of water systems – be sure to negate any legionella risk. If water systems have stagnated due to not being used, this poses an increased risk to legionella and other bacteria. Disinfecting your water service is advisable and a legionella risk assessment can be undertaken.
- Air conditioning system disinfection / filter replacement – it is important to ensure fresh air is generated by your air conditioning system. If the system hasn’t been used in a while, it may need a filter clean or replacement. Disinfecting the system as a preventative measure during this time is also advisable to minimise any airborne contaminants.
- Touch point cleaning / fogging – is your working environment clean and sanitised to prevent infection? Touch point cleaning involves thorough cleaning of all frequently used areas such as handles and desks. Fogging will completely disinfect the area and kills 99.9% of known viruses.
- PAT testing – ensure your electrical appliances are safe after a period of not being used. Although there are no specific requirements on PAT testing frequency, given that electrical appliances may have not been turned on for a while, it is worth having the extra peace of mind that they are safe to use when your staff return to work.
- Kitchen / catering equipment servicing – getting your catering area ready to start up again will be key for many businesses that offer food services and catering. We can fully service all your kitchen and catering equipment.
If you would like to discuss how we can get your building ready to reopen, please call us on 01423 226578 or email email@example.com
We are completely Covid-19 safe.