How A Boiler Service Can Help Your Business
A boiler is one of the most important elements of a business’s welfare infrastructure. It provides hot water and heating and is integral to an employer’s fundamental duty to provide a comfortable work environment for their employees.
Operating a boiler inevitably leads to energy expenditure for a business, but these costs can be controlled by a regular service and maintenance agreement. This will ensure that your boiler operates efficiently and safely, thus using less energy and therefore leading to less expense. It will also guard against breakdowns, which would otherwise result in uncomfortable, and possibly even illegal, working conditions, a disgruntled workforce and costly emergency repairs that won’t be budgeted for.
Designing a suitable service and maintenance agreement will not only give you peace of mind and allow you to put a known cost in your budgets, but it will also extend the life of your boiler, so you get more value from your investment, cheaper running costs and no unforeseen financial headaches.
A professional boiler service from Robinsons
At Robinsons Facilities Services, our boiler service will also provide assurances regarding health and safety, as we can detect small gas leaks and discover wear and tear that could potentially cause one, possibly leading to fatal carbon monoxide poisoning, so a Robinsons boiler service is a great way to manage a key asset in a cost effective way and to protect the wellbeing of your employees.
Our boiler service is carried out by GasSafe-registered engineers and follows the strict guidelines enforced by this body. It can generally be broken down into three sections:
1. Initial visual checks
- A visual check for any signs of obvious faults or leaks in the outer body or pipework of the boiler, such as water leaks or scorch marks
- A tightness test checks for gas leaks
- Inspect the flue to ensure adequate inspection panels can be installed
- Check the pressure on the system and top it up if necessary
- Check all safety components are operating correctly
- Take readings from the flue gas analyser to check the flame is working properly
- Check the components of the ignition and flame and replace if necessary
We break the main body of the boiler down to clean out dust, dirt and any particulate build-up that can lead to the boiler over-working and becoming inefficient. This includes:
- The condenser trap, where applicable
- The system filter
- Controls, which are also inspected and oiled
We build the system back up and operate it for final testing, which includes:
- Checking the burners are fully operational and the flame is the right colour
- Checking the operating pressures are within manufacturer’s limits
- Checking the seals are still fully bonded and there are no leaks
- Carrying out a second leak check to ensure the system has been rebuilt properly and is ready for ongoing use
As you can see, our service is thorough and involves failsafe checks that ensure the system is suitable for use going forward, giving you peace of mind and an assurance that you are running a vital part of your business in the right way. So contact us today to discuss a service and maintenance agreement for your boiler.