Why Do I Need a Commercial Boiler Maintenance Schedule?
June 27th, 2018
Last updated: January 18th, 2023
A commercial boiler is a big investment for any business, and just like any other capital investment, your boiler is an asset that you need to look after. Whilst most modern boilers are very efficient and reliable, they can still develop problems unexpectedly, and so you need to have a system in place that at least attempts to prevent these problems occurring, but when they do, you have an option to fall back on in an emergency situation.
Just like maintenance schedules for your air conditioning and electrical systems, you should have a programme set up to ensure your boiler is always operating to its maximum capability. This will reduce your running costs, extend the lifecycle of the unit and prevent disruptive and costly downtime.
Why You Need a Commercial Boiler Maintenance Plan
In our view, a maintenance plan and gas safety checks are nothing short of essential. Why would you risk a problem going unseen, and your commercial boiler breaking down and needing emergency repairs, or just failing to operate at its maximum potential, when it can be prevented?
A commercial boiler maintenance schedule can help you to:
- Remember to get regular servicing, rather than waiting for something to go wrong and getting a reactive repair.
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing that there is a plan in place to keep your boiler working to its full potential and that an accredited professional is checking in on a regular basis.
- Saving money. You can save money on emergency repairs as well as energy bills. A boiler service can help you to ensure that the system is operating to its full potential, and efficiently, so it isn’t burning energy unnecessarily, helping your business.
- A safe environment. You can ensure that your business meets health and safety regulations and that your boiler isn’t causing any hazards within the workplace, such as leaking potentially harmful carbon monoxide.
- Expand the lifespan of the system. Different types of boilers vary in terms of their lifespan, and how much use they get, but servicing and maintenance helps you to spot and prevent issues. A gas boiler service and maintenance is a bit like getting an MOT and service for your car.
Designing a Maintenance Schedule
A boiler is an important piece of equipment to any commercial business. It provides heat and hot water and as such is crucial to an employer in fulfilling their basic duty to provide employees with a safe and comfortable workplace. In an industrial organisation, a boiler providing heated water may even be critical to your key business operations, so it is vital that you have a system in place to keep it running all year round.
At Robinsons Facilities Services we can design a maintenance schedule or an annual boiler service that suits your pricing budget, but also ensures your boiler is getting the attention it requires. Our regular service provides several safety checks, including looking for gas leaks, general condition and signs of wear or irregular burning. We check the gas pressure, gas flow, flue condition and we test the emissions.
We also clean down all internal parts and we can replace any damaged or worn parts with your authority. We leave you with a clean and fully operational unit, ready to tackle the hard months of heating your premises and providing hot water supplies. Another important feature of our maintenance package is that our engineers are available 24/7/365 to attend to emergency boiler breakdowns and to get you back up and running as soon as possible.
Our Commitment as Trusted and Reliable Boiler Engineers
Our team is experienced in servicing boilers of all types, from gas boiler maintenance and industrial boiler maintenance to modern technologies such as biomass boilers.
We can design a frequency of visits to suit your equipment, your requirements and the demands placed upon your system, and we will provide peace of mind that your boiler is running efficiently and is in good condition. Furthermore, our engineers are fully trained with all the relevant industry accreditations, plus they have vast experience in this field, so they can help you solve issues with your working environment or operations, which might be contributing to ongoing problems with the boiler.
This is the unrivalled level of commitment and experience that you pay for when Robinsons Facilities Services look after your boiler maintenance schedule. Our agreement with you means your boiler is left in our hands and we will ensure you have a fully functional unit all year round, and that it will be providing the energy efficiency you expected and the long term return on your investment.
Contact Robinsons Facilities Services today and we can set you on the road to peace of mind that you are getting a long term optimum return from your boiler. Get your boiler serviced every year and have on less worry on your mind.