Why Aftercare Services Shouldn’t Be Dismissed
December 13th, 2017
Last updated: December 12th, 2022
Extended warranties are the bane of many a shopper’s life. You wait for the inevitable question after a sale has been completed and you politely decline. This is normally on the assumption that the product you have bought is in perfect working order, and under reasonable circumstances should remain so.
An extended warranty is often dismissed as an unwanted additional expense that rarely benefits you, however, when buying something like a car, for example, you need to consider things a little differently.
Some items we buy deteriorate naturally through wear and tear. It doesn’t mean they are manufactured badly or installed badly but taking out some insurance against breakdown and damaged parts etc is definitely a wise idea.
What is an Aftercare Service?
Put simply, aftercare services are about making sure you aren’t left in the lurch, and that you have support for your appliances after they have been installed.
We’re not just talking about getting an extended warranty and hoping that you can claim if something should break. Aftercare is about providing regular checks, support, and even repairs as required.
Having a HVAC warranty or commercial appliance warranty is one thing, but alone, this doesn’t prevent issues or do anything to ensure that your commercial appliance continues to function properly.
Aftercare services go deeper. Through a regular maintenance programme you can ensure that should something go wrong that would impact your business, such as boiler breakdown, you have someone on hand to help.
On top of this, regular servicing means that our experienced team can spot potential problems before they get worse, or even help you to to achieve the maximum efficiency. That’s not something you get with a warranty.
Ultimately, it is about peace of mind, and not risking your trade due to potential issues with commercial appliances.
How We Can Help
At Robinsons Facilities Services we call this an aftercare service and it is effectively the premise upon which our entire Facilities Services company is based. We have built a strong reputation with commercial repairs and maintenance.
Our aftercare service can offer reassurance that your boiler, air conditioning unit, electrical works or plumbing will be maintained properly over the coming months and years, to guard against critical breakdowns.
What Our Aftercare Service Offers
Our complete aftercare service to our commercial customers provides the following key benefits:
- Amidst the busy day-to-day operations of your business, you want to reduce your worries as much as possible. Remembering when key maintenance tasks should be performed can be taken on by someone else, namely us. We will agree with you when we come in and how often, and then you can leave the rest to us in the knowledge that it will be done.
- Agreeing a service and maintenance package with us means the work carried out on your systems is being done by qualified professionals who are familiar with the systems and spare parts, and not by novice, or unqualified staff. In some cases this knowledge can be crucial in minimising downtime.
- By employing a maintenance contractor and aftercare service, you can ensure that you don’t forget about maintenance that may even be a legal requirement in some commercial spaces.
- Inevitably breakdowns do happen. Not every system fault can be predicted, foreseen or survive somebody operating the system incorrectly, so we can be on-hand to react quickly and use our knowledge to keep your business running.
- As well as keeping your business running, our staff can keep your appliances running to their maximum potential and efficiency, something you don’t get with a warranty alone.
If you need a planned preventative maintenance contract, please contact us today.