Commercial Boilers, Heating & Hot Water
Commercial Boiler Repair
When something goes wrong with your boiler, you need to know you are in safe hands. Robinsons Facilities Services offer commercial boiler repair services, with our trusted and registered boiler engineers operating across Yorkshire.
Types of Boilers
There are many different types of boilers on the market and it is important to find an engineer who is accredited to carry out boiler repairs and servicing.
Our boiler engineers are accredited with the Gas Safe Register and OFTEC, and have the qualifications required to carry out fast and efficient repairs.
We specialise in:
What Are Some Common Boiler Issues?
Again, this depends on the type of boiler you have in your commercial premises, but common problems include:
- Leaks. Water leaking from parts of the boiler is a common issue that requires an engineer to check and repair. If you have a gas boiler, keep an eye out for leaks from the pipes or joints as this can be dangerous.
- Faulty thermostat. A faulty thermostat can cause your boiler to switch itself off when it gets too hot, meaning no heat or hot water in your commercial premises.
- Low pressure. Low pressure can be caused by a number of things, but is often an issue with the expansion vessel or water level in the boiler.
- Hot water, but no heating. Amongst other things, this could be a problem with the diverter valve, which directs water to either the heating system or the hot water cylinder.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, or your boiler is simply not working as it should be, then contact Robinsons Facilities Services for commercial boiler repair services. We can dispatch one of our engineers to all parts of Yorkshire, from Hull to Sheffield and beyond, and diagnose and fix your problem.
Signs Your Boiler Needs Repairing
How do you know that your boiler needs to be checked? Sometimes it will be obvious that there is an issue. It is always better to be safe, so if you are in any doubt you should find a reputable engineer.
Signs that you should get an engineer to check your boiler ASAP include:
- Strange noises. If your boiler is making a banging, whistling or gurgling noise, then it could be an indication of something wrong.
- Smells. Unusual smells coming from the boiler are a definite sign of a problem. If you can smell gas, then this is an emergency and you should open all doors and windows, turn off the boiler and call the National Gas Emergency Service.
- There’s no heating or hot water. This is a pretty obvious sign that something has gone wrong.
- The pilot light keeps going out. If your boiler has a pilot light and it keeps going out, then this could be an indication of a draught or blockage.
This isn’t an exhaustive list. Different types of boilers also have different potential problems and symptoms. If you have a gas boiler, you can rest assured that our engineers provide an expert alternative to British Gas commercial boiler repair engineers and can get you back up and running quickly and efficiently.
How to Reduce Your Commercial Boiler Issues
One way to reduce the chance of having to get your boiler repaired is to have it serviced regularly. Robinsons Facilities Services can service all types of boilers to a professional standard and make sure they are working to their full potential.
Servicing a boiler helps to ensure it is running safely and efficiently, and can help to prolong its lifespan. It is recommended that you have your boiler serviced at least once a year, but depending on the type of boiler you have, it may need to be serviced more frequently.
If you are experiencing commercial boiler problems in any part of Yorkshire, (North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire) get in touch with Robinsons Facilities Services today. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.
Curious how much it costs to maintain your building?
100% Online. No Obligation.
Commercial Boiler Repair FAQs
A good lifespan for a boiler is 20+ years. Many modern boilers can last a couple of decades, but some may start to become more expensive to run and repair at around 15 years.
Consider repair if you notice the energy efficiency has dropped a significant amount, if the boiler is making unusual noises, or you notice any leaks from the boiler. These are all signs of a problem.
There are many potential issues. Leaks are one of the most common problems, along with broken components such as pumps, valves, and thermocouples. Every boiler has a different design, bringing potential issues.
At some point it won’t be a wise investment to keep spending money on boiler repairs, if your boiler is reaching the end of its 15-20 year life cycle, consider whether a repair is a wise investment.
Call our Yorkshire Head Office about Commercial Boiler Repair
- Fast Response Times
- Coverage Throughout Yorkshire
- Highly Accredited Commercial Engineers