Commercial Boilers, Heating & Hot Water
Commercial boilers often cover a bigger area than a residential boiler, and in some circumstances, they might be running 24/7.
Businesses have a legal obligation to ensure that the boiler is safely functioning, and the owners of most premises choose to get the boiler regularly serviced to remain legally compliant.
Robinsons Facilities Services cover the following types of boilers and boiler maintenance:
Types of Commercial Boilers
There are more choices than ever when it comes to heating and hot water systems and our Yorkshire-based engineers are trained to work with all varieties, including Natural Gas, LPG, and Oil boilers. Click here to watch our video about the different types of commercial boilers.
Whether a commercial combi boiler or a large commercial systems boiler is suitable, our team of highly-trained engineers can advise on installation and commissioning, as well as repairs, and we operate across Northern England.
We specialise in:
Robinsons Facilities Services can cover every aspect of your commercial boiler needs from installation to creating a regular servicing plan suitable to keep your boiler legally compliant.
Boiler Installation and Commissioning
When it comes to commercial boiler installation, our team of experts have the experience and knowledge to get the job done quickly and safely. We can install the boiler along with a commercial boiler control system to help you to get the most out of it.
We will work with you to understand your needs and install a system that not only meets those needs but also complies with all current regulations.
Once your new commercial boiler is installed, our engineers will commission it, providing certification that it is fully functional and ready to provide reliable heating and hot water.
We can also commission systems that have already been installed if required, testing them to ensure their efficiency and compliance.
Legal Requirements of Commercial Boilers
Businesses have a legal obligation to ensure that their commercial boiler is safely functioning for their tenants. This includes having it regularly serviced by a qualified engineer.
There are a number of safety measures that need to be in place for commercial boilers, which can vary depending on the boiler system. These may include:
- A properly working pressure relief valve
- Suitable and adequate ventilation
- An automatic water level control
Robinsons Facilities Services can cover all of these safety measures for you, to ensure that your commercial boiler is running safely and legally.
It is also crucial that the boiler is regularly serviced so that potential issues are spotted.
Our team of experienced, accredited engineers in the North of England can help with commercial boiler servicing. We can provide Gas Safe engineers, ensuring the highest standards are upheld for gas boilers and other types of commercial boiler systems.
You should get your boiler serviced at least once a year, not only to remain compliant with the Health and Safety at Work Act, but also because it makes sense for your business.
Benefits of regular boiler servicing include:
- Preventing costly and dangerous breakdowns: Regular boiler servicing helps to identify potential issues and prevent costly breakdowns that could disrupt your business operations. It also helps to identify and fix minor issues before they escalate into major problems that require expensive repairs.
- Ensuring your boiler is running as efficiently as possible: Regular servicing ensures that your boiler is running to its maximum potential, reducing energy consumption and saving you money on energy bills. This is particularly important for commercial boilers that are in use all of the time, and it can provide you with significant energy cost savings over time.
- Reducing emissions: Regular servicing may help to reduce the amount of CO² emissions from your commercial boiler. This is important for businesses that are committed to reducing their carbon footprint and complying with environmental regulations.
- Maintaining a good safety record for your business and reducing accidents or emergencies.
- Increasing the lifespan of your boiler: Regular servicing helps to increase the lifespan of your boiler by spotting potential problems, and keeping your boiler operating at a high level, a bit like a car, servicing means it is longer before you will need a replacement.
Many commercial boilers provide you with more than a decade of heating and hot water, but maintenance is essential to ensure that the boiler can continue to operate efficiently and effectively.
Commercial Boiler Repair
We also offer a commercial boiler repair service including emergency repairs should something unexpected go wrong with your boiler. We understand how disruptive this can be, and our expert team aims to diagnose and repair any issues quickly and efficiently so that you can resume your business operations.
We are accredited with the Gas Safe Register and OFTEC and our engineers have all the necessary qualifications required to carry out a high level of service.
Robinsons Facilities Services can provide a commercial boiler service plan, emergency repairs, and even installation and commissioning. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.
Commercial Boilers FAQs
If a boiler is larger than 70kW in power it will usually be described as a commercial boiler and fall in line with commercial boiler regulation.
When choosing a commercial boiler, consider the energy efficiency, as well as the durability, reliability, and price of the unit. It is helpful to get professional advice and thoroughly check reviews.
As long as you look after the boiler and carry out regular servicing, you can expect to get more than 15 years of use out of it, and in some cases you may get more than 20 years of use from a commercial boiler.
This is a real “how long is a piece of string” question. A commercial boiler can vary hugely in cost based on size, brand, and the power it provides.