Other Commercial Building Services
Commercial Building Maintenance
Commercial building maintenance is sensible for ensuring your building operates to its maximum potential. In many cases, it is also a legal requirement to get your buildings regularly checked and maintained. For businesses with premises, it is crucial that they consider every aspect of the safety of their customers as well as their employees.
Legal Requirements For Building Maintenance
The Health and Safety at Work Act outlines the requirements for a business to keep people safe while they are on the premises. The best way to do this is regular maintenance of your facilities.
Finding the right commercial building maintenance contractors can provide you with peace of mind, ensuring that the safety of the property is in the hands of experienced professionals.
Many maintenance contractors will work to a building services maintenance checklist to ensure they check every aspect of the building. This includes:
- Boiler maintenance. Checking that the boiler is operating safely, and to its maximum potential.
- Water safety. Regularly checking that the water supply is clean and free from contaminants, and monitoring for waterborne diseases like Legionella.
- Fire safety. Checking that all fire alarms are functioning correctly, and that escape routes are clear.
- Electrical safety. Inspecting electrical wiring and appliances and making sure it meets current standards, and that appliances are PAT tested.
Commercial premises are all different and may have their own requirements. Robinsons Facilities Services also offers specialist services including asbestos maintenance, and lightning protection. Working with a commercial building maintenance facilities services company allows you to meet your legal requirements as well as minimise disruptions.
Building Maintenance Schedule
A commercial building maintenance schedule should be put in place to ensure that all the vital aspects of your property are regularly checked. This should be done at least once a year, and more often if the building is in constant use.
The schedule should be tailored to your specific commercial premises, and you should work with a professional maintenance company to ensure that it covers all the necessary checks.
Robinsons Facilities Services offers professional services by accredited professionals across Yorkshire. This allows you to develop a commercial building maintenance schedule that covers all the legal requirements as well as any specific needs of your property.
We have a team of experienced and qualified engineers who can carry out all the necessary checks in line with health and safety legislation, with accreditations including Gas Safe, NAPIT and ISO.
For more information, or to get a quote for our commercial building maintenance services, get in touch with Robinsons Facilities Services today.
Benefits of Commercial Building Maintenance
Commercial building maintenance is not only about your legal obligations; it makes sense from a business perspective.
Benefits of having your facilities managed by commercial building maintenance companies include:
- Reduced chance of breakdown. A boiler breakdown or other breakage can cause significant disruption to your business.
- Improved efficiency. Regular maintenance can identify issues early before they cause problems, and also keep your equipment running at peak efficiency. This can save you money on your energy bills as well as reduce your carbon footprint.
- Increased lifespan of equipment. By getting commercial building maintenance services done on a regular basis, you can extend the life of your equipment.
- Improved safety. As well as meeting your legal obligations, commercial building maintenance can also help to make your premises safer for employees and customers alike.
- Peace of mind. Knowing that your commercial building is being regularly checked by experienced professionals can give you peace of mind, allowing you to focus on running your business.
Robinsons Facilities Services can create a commercial building maintenance schedule that is tailored to your specific needs, as well as reactive services in the case of a breakdown.
For more information on your specific requirements, or to get a quote for our commercial building maintenance services in Yorkshire, get in touch with Robinsons Facilities today.
Commercial Building Maintenance FAQs
The main types of maintenance are preventative maintenance (to prevent issues arising with equipment and property), reactive maintenance (when something goes wrong such as a breakage) and routine maintenance (certain things need to be checked periodically).
Maintenance is the process of keeping equipment in good condition and trying to prevent breakdowns, plus keeping buildings running at their optimum. Repair is when something has already gone wrong and needs to be fixed.
This is something that will vary depending on the premises in question and the type of building. It’s so important to get a unique, bespoke quote for your commercial building maintenance.
Building maintenance outsourcing is simply getting a specialist company to manage these aspects of your commercial building management. They can maintain equipment and buildings to leave you to focus on what you’re good at.
Yes, in the vast majority of instances building maintenance is a business cost and therefore tax deductible by your accountant, as long as it is required maintenance.