Other Commercial Building Services
Commercial Catering Maintenance
Do you run a catering business and need commercial catering maintenance services for your commercial kitchen equipment? Your catering equipment is vital for your key operations. It’s not worth taking chances with.
Robinsons Facilities Services is your trusted partner for commercial catering equipment repairs and maintenance throughout Yorkshire. Our experienced team not only fixes issues but also trains your staff to care for your equipment between scheduled maintenance appointments.
Our full range of facilities services and experience in the catering sector means we work with a wide range of premises including:
- Commercial Kitchens
- Public Houses
- Workplace kitchens
- School kitchens
Contact us today to learn more about our range of commercial catering maintenance services or for a free quote.
Types of Commercial Catering Equipment That Require Maintenance
The maintenance needs of your kitchen will depend on whether you are using gas or not, and what sort of facilities you are using.
Equipment needing regular maintenance may include:
- Refrigerators – These require regular servicing and tests to ensure they are running at the correct temperature to avoid food spoilage.
- Gas appliances – These must be regularly serviced and safety-checked to ensure they are operating safely and correctly.
- Extractors, canopies and filters – All ventilation systems should be cleaned as well as maintained regularly to prevent fire hazards and ensure good ventilation.
- Ovens – Commercial oven maintenance helps to prolong the life of your equipment and ensure it is running at peak efficiency.
- Friers – Friers such as deep fryers require constant maintenance and cleaning to ensure food is cooked to a consistent and safe quality.
- Commercial freezers – Regular maintenance of commercial freezers ensures they operate at optimal efficiency, preventing potential breakdowns and preserving the longevity of the equipment.
As well as maintaining your equipment, other important steps can form part of your planned preventative maintenance. Every kitchen is slightly different, and our team of experienced professionals have worked with a wide variety of different kitchen designs, as well as different models of appliances.
Within health and safety law, many kitchen checks, as well as risk assessments, are a legal requirement. Failure to carry these out could result in fines or even closure of your business.
Benefits of Commercial Catering Equipment Maintenance
In addition to keeping you legally secure and compliant, getting your commercial catering equipment regularly serviced makes sense. Benefits include:
- Reduced risk of breakdowns and costly repairs.
- Improved efficiency, meaning lower running costs.
- Advice on more efficient ways to run your kitchen.
- Peace of mind that your equipment is safe and compliant.
Our commercial catering service engineers can advise on all aspects of maintenance and even repairs. They will work with you to create a tailored plan that meets the needs of your business and budget.
Risks of Not Maintaining Commercial Catering Equipment
Neglecting the maintenance of commercial catering equipment can pose risks and challenges for businesses in the food service industry. First and foremost, there’s the potential for future repairs or, in extreme cases, the need for complete replacements. Downtime in a busy commercial kitchen can be extremely costly, leading to revenue loss and customer dissatisfaction, so it makes sense to look after equipment and expand its lifespan.
In addition to the financial implications, poor maintenance can have an impact on food safety and hygiene. Dirty or malfunctioning equipment can lead to inadequate cooking temperatures, improper food storage, or cross-contamination. These issues can result in foodborne illnesses, damage to reputation, and potential legal liabilities.
Shoddy maintenance can negatively impact energy efficiency, causing increased utility costs and contributing to environmental concerns. Finally, neglecting equipment upkeep can lead to reduced overall lifespan, which means more frequent replacements and a long-term increase in operational costs.
Commercial Kitchen Maintenance Services from Robinsons Facilities Services
At Robinsons Facilities Services, we offer commercial kitchen maintenance services that are designed to keep your kitchen running smoothly and efficiently. Our Gas Safe Registered engineers are trained to the latest health and safety standards.
We can provide:
- Regular servicing and maintenance of all commercial catering equipment.
- Planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programmes.
- Commercial catering repairs including reactive repairs.
- Emergency callout service
- Installation of commercial catering equipment.
- Fire safety advice, including risk assessments.
Our customers love us! Read our testimonials.
Commercial Catering Maintenance FAQs
Commercial kitchen equipment typically needs servicing at least twice a year, though frequency may vary based on usage and equipment type. Monthly cleaning is also recommended to avoid the build-up of grease and dirt.
Among the most common issues in a commercial kitchen are issues with commercial refrigeration and freezers, as well as cookers and ventilation. Regular maintenance is the best way to avoid these issues and prevent food spoilage and hazards.
A maintenance checklist is a document that helps you and your employees establish what maintenance is required and when. This helps with both professional maintenance and regular weekly upkeep that your staff can carry out.
Commercial kitchen equipment maintenance costs vary but typically range from £100 to £500 per service visit, depending on factors like equipment type and service needs. For a free quote, contact us today.
Yes, there are UK regulations and standards for commercial kitchen equipment maintenance, including health and safety requirements and manufacturer guidelines. Complying with these ensures equipment safety, hygiene, and longevity.