Fire, Security & Life Safety Systems
Commercial CCTV Services
Commercial CCTV systems are one of the most effective ways to keep your business premises secure. As a result, investing in regular CCTV repair and maintenance from a reputable provider is essential.
Some UK businesses neglect this crucial upkeep due to a lack of time or resources. However, this doesn’t have to be the case. You can have your commercial CCTV systems monitored by an external company. That way, you don’t need to devote valuable staff time to this. You can even outsource CCTV servicing and repairs, making maintenance incredibly straightforward.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, our expert CCTV maintenance and repair engineers offer installation, repairs, and maintenance across Yorkshire. Give us a call today at 01423 226578 for a free quote.
What Are Commercial CCTV Services?
Commercial CCTV services provide professional installation, maintenance, and management of surveillance camera systems for business and commercial purposes. These providers leverage expertise and experience to ensure your security system works correctly.
Types of Business CCTV Systems
Different commercial premises require different features from their CCTV system. As such, it’s important to consult with a professional and choose the best type for your business.
Here’s an overview of some common types of commercial CCTV systems.
- Analogue camera. This is a cost-effective solution for basic surveillance needs. But, they generally offer lower resolution and limited remote access capabilities.
- Digital cameras (DVC). This solution provides better image quality than analogue cameras, as well as motion detection and remote access. However, they still rely on traditional wiring infrastructure.
- IP-based camera. These cameras use Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable to transmit digital video data over a network. As such, they offer higher resolutions and advanced features. Businesses can access them remotely, enabling real-time monitoring. Suitable for larger businesses.
- High-definition cameras. Thanks to the high resolution, HD CCTV cameras are suitable for businesses that require detailed surveillance. For instance, facial recognition or license plate identification.
Our experienced team can assist you in selecting the right CCTV system for your needs.
Benefits of Commercial CCTV Services
All businesses and commercial properties need a working CCTV system. Not only is it an important security measure for your premises and employees, but it provides evidence if the worst should happen.
However, businesses can only reap these rewards if their security systems are in proper working order. That’s where a professional CCTV service comes in. The benefits of commercial CCTV services include:
- Evidence. If any criminal activity occurs, your CCTV footage can provide evidence to prove culpability.
- Deterrence. The presence of a security system is often enough to deter potential criminals from targeting your business.
- Monitoring. If you have staff working late or in areas where they might be vulnerable, CCTV can give you peace of mind that they are safe and not being targeted.
- Peace of mind. A lot of the time, knowing that your building is under surveillance can provide peace of mind. You know that if anything does happen, you will at least have the evidence.
- Insurance. Some insurers will provide better premiums if you have a CCTV system set up, as it reduces the risk they are taking on your business and ensuring the premises.
- Maintenance. Top CCTV maintenance companies will maintain and repair your commercial security systems. That way, you ensure they’re working correctly and complying with UK regulations.
Commercial CCTV Repair – What to Do if You Experience a Breakdown
You rely on your CCTV system. And every minute without the protection of cameras can be costly for your business.
If your system breaks down, you need a commercial CCTV repair service to get to you quickly and fix the problem efficiently. As well as this, you need a reputable company for CCTV systems repairs and maintenance. This is precisely what we offer.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, we provide a rapid-response commercial CCTV repair service across Yorkshire. We understand the importance of keeping your business secure. So, we will do everything we can to get your system up and running again as soon as possible.
Contact us 24/7/365 for our repair services.
How Often Is Commercial CCTV Maintenance Needed?
Should you have your CCTV system maintained by a professional? Does it really need to be checked regularly? The answer to both these questions is yes.
Maintaining your commercial CCTV systems ensures they are operating at their best. Regular servicing can identify issues and prevent them from becoming bigger problems later on. Plus, well-maintained CCTV equipment will last much longer and save you money in the long run.
We recommend servicing your CCTV system at least annually, but many choose to get it checked over more often. For instance, we suggest biannual maintenance checks for remotely monitored CCTV systems.
How frequently you have your commercial CCTV system serviced will depend on several factors. These include:
- The type of business you run – If your business is open to the public all day, you may want to consider checking your system more often than a business that closes at night.
- Your location and whether your business has high-value goods – If your premises are in a high-crime area, you take even more of a risk by not having the system serviced.
What Does Commercial CCTV Maintenance Involve?
Each CCTV maintenance provider may offer a slightly different range of services, depending on their team. Our CCTV servicing and maintenance involve:
- Cleaning lenses and equipment if required.
- Checking the positions of all cameras and ensuring they’re recording footage properly.
- Testing the electronics to ensure they are operating correctly.
- Installing any new software updates.
- Checking that backups are working and stored correctly.
- Inspecting all control equipment, such as telemetry units.
- Testing any alarms linked to your CCTV system.
- Checking and cleaning cable fixings.
Commercial CCTV in Yorkshire: Why Choose Us?
Are you looking for commercial CCTV services in Yorkshire? You’ve come to the right place.
Our experienced team provides CCTV system repairs and maintenance across Yorkshire to keep your premises secure. Our trained specialists follow SSAIB guidelines and industry standards, so you can rest assured your business complies with UK regulations.
Get in touch to book regular servicing or urgent repairs of your CCTV system in Yorkshire.
Commercial CCTV Systems FAQs
If you use CCTV on your commercial property, you must appoint a responsible person to record, store, and dispose of data and information that doesn’t comply with GDPR. Furthermore, you must show signs indicating that you are using CCTV and have a policy on how videos are stored.
Yes, an employer can install CCTV to monitor employees. However, only if they have a legitimate reason to do so, such as security or checking that employees are sticking to health and safety regulations.
Most businesses delete CCTV footage after 30 days, as a matter of course. That said, the retention period can differ depending on the purpose, organisational policy, and industry best practices or regulations. There is no standard retention period, meaning this can vary depending on the context. Bear in mind that businesses may not be able to share this footage with those who request it if they can’t protect the identity of other employees in line with GDPR.
This varies for every building, but it is a good idea to ensure you have coverage to monitor every single access point for the building.
While installing and maintaining a CCTV system is an investment, the potential benefits make it worthwhile. Small businesses can protect their premises, comply with security regulations, and enjoy lower insurance premiums. This is especially important if your business keeps valuables on site.
Regular upkeep is essential in ensuring your commercial CCTV system operates correctly. The cost of CCTV maintenance can vary, depending on the provider, the security system, and the job scope. As a rough estimate, you can expect to pay between £75 and £125 for a standard maintenance job in Yorkshire.
Robinsons Facilities Services is a reputable business CCTV provider operating across Yorkshire. We’re proud to be one of the leading CCTV repair service and maintenance companies for Yorkshire businesses. Get in touch for more information about our Commercial CCTV Services.