Fire, Security & Life Safety Systems
Commercial CCTV Services
Commercial CCTV systems are a way to keep your business premises secure and provide a deterrent for any potential burglars. They are one of a range of security tools at your disposal.
Commercial CCTV systems can be monitored by external companies, meaning that there is no need for you to devote staff time to this. Even the servicing and repairs can be outsourced and planned, meaning that maintenance is incredibly straightforward.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, our expert CCTV maintenance and repair engineers can offer expert installation, repairs, and servicing across the Yorkshire region, so that you can enjoy the numerous benefits of a commercial CCTV system.
Why You Need a Working CCTV System
For the majority of business premises, having a system of security cameras is a good idea. Whether they are recording footage or being monitored in real-time, there are a number of benefits for your business.
Benefits of CCTV systems include:
- Evidence. If any criminal activity occurs, your CCTV footage can be used as evidence to prove culpability.
- Deterrence. The presence of a security system is often enough to deter potential criminals from targeting your business.
- Monitoring. If you have staff working late or in areas where they might be vulnerable, CCTV can give you peace of mind that they are safe and not being targeted.
- Peace of mind. A lot of the time, knowing that your building is all being watched can provide peace of mind. You know that if anything does happen, you will at least have the evidence.
- Insurance. Some insurers will provide better premiums if you have a CCTV system set up, as it reduces the risk they are taking on your business and ensuring the premises.
What to Do if Your Commercial CCTV System Breaks Down
You rely on your CCTV system. Many of the businesses that use them are operating long hours, and every minute without the protection of cameras has the potential to be costly.
If your system breaks down, you need a commercial CCTV repair service that can get to you quickly and fix the problem efficiently. As well as this, you need reliable repairs from the experts, using only the best parts. This is precisely what we are proud to offer.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, we offer a rapid response commercial CCTV repair service across Yorkshire. We understand the importance of keeping your business secure, so we will do everything we can to get your system up and running again as soon as possible. Contact us 24/7/365 for our repair services.
Commercial CCTV Maintenance
Should you have your CCTV system maintained by a professional? Does it really need to be checked regularly?
The maintenance of commercial CCTV systems is important to ensure they are always operating at their best. Regular servicing can identify any issues and prevent them from becoming bigger problems later on.
There is a smaller chance of issues developing in a well-maintained system as well as the potential for the CCTV equipment to last much longer.
CCTV servicing and maintenance involves:
- Cleaning lenses and equipment if required.
- Checking that all cameras are correctly positioned and recording footage properly.
- Testing the electronics to ensure all are operating as they should be.
- Ensuring that any new software updates are installed.
- Checking that backups are being taken and stored as required.
- Checking all control equipment such as telemetry units.
- Testing any alarms that are linked to your CCTV system.
- Checking and potentially cleaning cable fixings as required.
How Often Should I Get My CCTV System Checked?
We recommend servicing your CCTV system at least annually, but many choose to get it checked over more often.
How often you have your commercial CCTV system serviced will depend on a number of factors. These include:
- The type of business you run – If your business is open to the public all day, you may want to consider having your system checked more often than a business that is closed at night.
- Your location and whether your business has high-value goods – If your premises are in a high-crime area, you take even more of a risk by not having the system serviced.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, our commercial CCTV maintenance schedule can give you the peace of mind that your system is being checked by experts in line with the SSAIB guidelines. Get in touch to book regular servicing or urgent repairs of your CCTV system in Yorkshire as well as other property maintenance services.
Commercial CCTV Systems FAQs
If you use CCTV you must have a responsible person deciding what to store and record, and disposing of data and information that isn’t relevant in line with GDPR. You must also show signs that you are using CCTV and have a policy on how videos are stored.
Yes, an employer can install CCTV in order to monitor employees but only if they have a legitimate reason to do so, such as security or checking that employees are sticking to health and safety regulations.
Most CCTV footage is deleted after 30 days as a matter of course. They may not be able to share this footage with those who request it if they aren’t able to protect the identity of others in line with GDPR.
This varies for every building but it is a good idea to ensure you have coverage to monitor every single access point for the building if at all possible.
While there are costs associated with installing and maintaining a CCTV system, the potential benefits in terms of increased security, improved safety, and reduced insurance premiums can make it a worthwhile investment for small businesses, especially if valuable items are kept on site.
Call our Yorkshire Head Office about Commercial CCTV Services
- Fast Response Times
- Coverage Throughout Yorkshire
- Highly Accredited Commercial Engineers