Other Commercial Building Services
Commercial Pest Control
Pests can have a hugely negative impact on your business, and virtually all commercial premises are potentially susceptible to pests. If you are in certain industries, the idea of a pest infestation can be catastrophic and can have grave consequences.
Our commercial pest control services can help you to ensure that you are protected and have put plans in place to avoid pests, and to prevent pests from becoming an issue in the first place.
Risks of Pests in Commercial Properties
It’s vital to think ahead when it comes to pest control and ensure that you get regular inspections to try and avoid any worst-case scenarios. What are some of the risks of pests being in place in your commercial property?
- Ruined stock. It is possible that if you have a pest infestation, your stock could become ruined. This is especially the case if you work in the food and beverage industry. It is not safe to sell food that has been contaminated by rats, cockroaches, or other pests!
- Damaged equipment. Pests can also damage your equipment, which can be costly to repair or replace. Rats and mice chewing through wires is a prime example of this.
- Legal implications. In some cases, you may be breaking the law if you have a pest problem and don’t do anything about it. This is especially the case in food-related businesses. It is your responsibility under the Health and Safety Act of 1974 to provide a safe and clean workplace. Pests can compromise this.
- Spreading diseases. Some pests can spread diseases, which is a huge health and safety risk. This is yet another reason why it’s so important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
If you think that you might have a pest problem, or would like to find out more about our commercial pest control services, then please get in touch. We would be more than happy to help.
Types of Pests in the UK
What types of pests can cause the most significant risks to property and commercial premises in the UK?
- Cockroaches. These are incredibly hardy animals that can squeeze into the smallest of spaces. They are also known to spread diseases and can be particularly bad if you are running a business where food is served.
- Rats and mice. These rodents can cause a huge amount of damage to your property, as well as contaminate food and spread disease. Rodent infestations can be hard to get rid of.
- Bed bugs. These pests are common in the UK, and can be very difficult to get rid of once they have infested a property. They feed on blood, and so can cause a lot of discomfort to people.
- Wasps and hornets. These insects can be very aggressive, and their stings can be very painful. They can also cause allergic reactions in some people and if you are stung by many wasps and hornets it can also be very dangerous.
- Birds. Birds can carry diseases, and their droppings can cause health problems. They can also damage property when nesting.
Preventative and Reactive Pest Services
Too many people wait until it is too late to do something about potential pests. The truth is, virtually every business can potentially have to deal with potential pests including birds, rats, mice, cockroaches and more animal species.
Preventative services include regular inspections as well as pest proofing your property. These services are designed to help you avoid pests in the first place so that you don’t end up with the expensive repair bills.
Reactive attendances are designed to deal with an infestation that has already taken hold. If you notice that you have a wasp or rats nest in your commercial premises you should act as quickly as possible. When it comes to wasps’ nest removal or rodent control, there’s no time to waste, the quicker you deal with the problem the less likely it is to have an impact.
How Robinsons Facilities Services Can Help
Our British Pest Control Associate (BPCA) trained and certified technicians can provide commercial pest control services to businesses throughout Yorkshire. We offer both preventative and reactive treatments as well as one-off treatments.
We also work with you to help you put in place a plan to avoid pests in the future as well as providing advice on what you can do to deter pests from your property. Peace of mind when it comes to pest-proofing and control.
Commercial Pest Control FAQs
There are things you can do to try and keep commercial premises safe but if you have an infestation and want peace of mind that pest issues get dealt with, paying for commercial pest control is worthwhile.
Monthly pest control visits mean that preventative methods can be put in place to try to prevent any of the health and safety issues pests can cause.
Pest control does not just refer to getting rid of pests, but also putting plans and systems in place to monitor for pests and prevent them from causing an issue in the future.
Professional pest control companies use a variety of different substances and products to both deter and control pests in businesses. In recent years pest control products have become even more effective, but a skilled professional is also required.