Other Commercial Building Services
Commercial Property Facilities Management
Commercial properties need to be managed and maintained in order to keep your equipment functioning at the highest possible standard and to help with the safety and security of the building itself.
For facilities management in Yorkshire and a range of different facilities services, you can contact Robinsons Facilities Services today. We can offer you a wide variety of different services, and as well as working on a contract basis we can also provide one-off repairs.
What is Commercial Facilities Management?
Commercial facilities management is the process of managing and maintaining commercial buildings. This includes tasks such as cleaning, security, repairs, and other maintenance tasks including fire safety measures.
Rather than employ members of staff specifically to manage business premises, many commercial property owners and managers choose to work with commercial facilities management companies. These businesses will have a team of experienced professionals who can carry out all the required tasks to keep your commercial property running smoothly, including handymen, cleaning employees, and more.
Why You May Choose to Work With a Facilities Management Company
There are many benefits to working with a commercial facilities management company, including:
- You may save time and money by outsourcing all commercial property management tasks to one company.
- A facilities management company will have a team of experts who are experienced in managing commercial properties. This means that you can be confident that your property is being well-managed.
- Working with a commercial facilities management company can help to improve the safety and security of your commercial property.
- A commercial facilities management company can provide a comprehensive range of services, meaning that you can tailor the level of support that you need to your specific requirements.
- You can create a planned preventative maintenance schedule with a commercial facilities management company. This will help to avoid any unexpected repairs or maintenance tasks.
- You can get help with your legal responsibilities. Within a commercial property, there are a number of legal responsibilities that the owner or occupier must adhere to. A commercial facilities management company can help you to ensure that you are meeting all your legal obligations.
What Kind Of Services Do Facilities Management Companies Offer?
This varies from one company to the next, but generally, facilities management companies are concerned with issues such as:
- Commercial property security. This includes CCTV and alarm systems used on the premises, and both the installation and maintenance of these systems.
- Cleaning. Facilities management companies will often employ commercial cleaners to carry out tasks such as office cleaning, carpet cleaning, and hard floor cleaning.
- Pest control. If you have a commercial property that is infested with pests, a facilities management company can help you to get rid of them.
- Fire safety. Fire safety is a legal requirement in commercial properties, and a facilities management company can help you to ensure that your property is compliant with the law.
- First aid. A commercial facilities management company can provide first aid training for your staff, as well as supplying first aid kits for your premises.
- Building and facilities maintenance. This includes tasks such as repairing equipment, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Boiler and heating services. A commercial facilities management company can help you to service and repair your boilers and heating systems.
- Air conditioning. If you have air conditioning in your commercial property, a commercial facilities management company can help you to maintain it.
Robinsons Facilities Services
If you are looking for a commercial building maintenance facilities service company in the Yorkshire area, we can provide a wide range of facilities services.
Our experienced and accredited employees will help you to make sure you are legally compliant as well as helping you to keep your building and equipment functioning to its full potential.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient response time to all TM44 Inspections. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.
Commercial Property Facilities Management FAQs
The role of facilities management companies may vary greatly depending on the type of business you are running and the needs you have, but they will usually help you maintain your business premises and facilities, including equipment if required. Maintenance and repairs are a big part of facilities management.
Facilities management is crucial due to the fact that it can help you to ensure everything in your business continues to operate at a high level. It is also important when it comes to extending the lifespan of equipment by servicing regularly.
This is a document (usually digital) that keeps the information about equipment maintenance schedules, when they were last serviced, and what sort of service cycle they should be on. Using an external company, planned preventative maintenance can be carried out using a facility checklist or even software.