Electrical, Lifts & Access
Commercial Roller Shutter Doors
Commercial roller shutter doors are often an essential part of your security on your business premises. They can help to prevent and deter break-ins, but they do require maintenance.
It is a legal requirement that electrically operated doors, including roller shutter doors and access doors, are inspected and tested annually as a minimum.
The regulations have also recently been altered, with revised European and British Standards on the safety of doors, gates and barriers – BS EN 12453:2017 and BS EN 12604:2017.
HSE advises that these measures must cover:
- Undertaking a risk assessment covering the unique environment and type of user
- The selection and implementation of appropriate design measures
- Ensuring appropriate levels of force limitation (below the specified maximum)
- Where the technology permits, ensuring that the safety function is monitored and checked before each movement; and
- Ensuring effective measures are in place to detect any means of failure in the means of suspension for vertically moving doors.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, we can ensure your doors are routinely tested to ensure health and safety standards are being met.
Benefits of Commercial Roller Shutter Door Maintenance
Industrial and commercial doors are often subject to a lot of wear and tear due to the heavy use, but we can ensure that your doors are thoroughly checked and maintained in accordance with a schedule to suit your needs.
This is not just about staying in line with the regulations. Maintenance can also help with the following:
- Ensuring doors open and close smoothly to avoid potential accidents.
- Checking the door is correctly balanced to help prolong its life.
- Lubricating moving parts to keep noise to a minimum and prevent excessive wear.
- Adjusting the tension of springs so that the door opens and closes properly.
- Examining the structure of the door for any signs of damage or wear and tear.
Shutter doors are supposed to help to keep your premises secure, and if there is damage then it is likely that they will be ineffective.
If you would like to find out more about commercial roller shutter door maintenance, please get in touch.
Commercial Roller Shutter Door Repairs
Even with an effective planned preventative maintenance program in place, it is still possible that your commercial roller shutter doors may need repairs from time to time.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, we can provide a fast and effective repair service for all types of commercial doors, including roller shutters.
We understand the importance of keeping your business running smoothly, so we aim to carry out repairs as quickly as possible.
We also offer a 24-hour emergency call out service across the whole of Yorkshire for when repairs simply can’t wait.
Commercial Roller Shutter Door Installation
As well as maintenance and repairs, we also offer commercial roller shutter door installation.
We can provide a wide range of doors to suit your needs, including steel security doors, high speed roller shutter doors, insulated roller shutters and fire-rated shutters which can be a crucial method of fire suppression.
We will work with you to find the right door for your premises, taking into account the level of security required, the environment and the amount of use they are likely to see.
Our team will work with you to provide a suitable level of security as well as a planned preventative maintenance schedule to make sure that your commercial roller shutter doors are always functioning.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient response time to all breakdowns and repairs. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.