Fire, Security & Life Safety Systems
Commercial Security Systems
In many commercial properties, a security system is one of the most crucial pieces of equipment imaginable, helping to keep your employees and belongings safe and secure. A commercial building security system may even be required as a part of an insurance policy agreement.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, our team of experienced security professionals can advise on all aspects of security systems and their maintenance, allowing you to rest easy knowing that your commercial property is well-protected.
Types of Commercial Security Systems
There are a number of different types of commercial security systems available on the market, each with their own unique benefits. Some of the most popular commercial security system options include:
- CCTV Systems: A Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system is a great way to monitor activity both inside and outside of your commercial property. CCTV footage can be used to help identify intruders or investigate suspicious activity.
- Alarm Systems: Alarm systems are another popular option for commercial security, helping to deter potential criminals and alert the authorities in the event of a break-in.
- Access Control Systems: An access control system allows you to control who has access to your commercial property, helping to keep intruders out. Access control systems can be used in conjunction with other security measures, such as CCTV and alarm systems.
These are a few of the main options for security, and of course, different types of security are more suitable for certain types of buildings. For instance, you may want to consider whether you need 24-hour monitoring when choosing a system.
Benefits of a Commercial Security System
There are a number of benefits that come with installing a commercial security system, including:
- Enhanced security for your employees and belongings
- Potentially lower insurance premiums
- Increased peace of mind
- Around the clock protection
Commercial Security System Maintenance
Your system is no good to you if it is not working to the best of its ability, and may even fail to provide the evidence you need, or to sound an alarm that could save your stock or keep your employees safe.
We recommend an annual check-up of commercial security systems to ensure that they are functioning as they should be, but many businesses may wish to get checked more regularly, especially if they have valuables on site.
This maintenance may be included as part of a maintenance contract with Robinsons Facilities Services.
Maintenance usually includes:
- A check of any alarm systems, and that they are sounding properly when triggered
- Testing any detection devices and that they are working
- Visually inspecting the cameras to check they are in the right locations and doing the job effectively
- A check of any CCTV cameras, and that they are recording properly
- A check of any access control systems, and that they are working as intended
You also need to be very aware of the laws, and that premises with security systems must keep them in line with data protection rules. For instance, if you have one of these systems you need to put up signs to let people know that they are being monitored, and you must also take extra care when storing any footage.
Robinsons Facilities Services can advise on commercial security systems across the whole of Yorkshire, and help with their maintenance. Our team of experts have a wealth of experience in keeping commercial properties safe and secure, as well as the legal guidelines you need to follow, so you can rest assured that your business is in good hands.
Maintaining commercial security systems is not only a legal requirement, it helps to keep you protected at all times.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient response time as well as regular planned maintenance for your commercial security systems. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.