Other Commercial Building Services
Commercial Waste Collection
How you handle your waste in a commercial environment is absolutely crucial. Whether you are running a factory that produces waste products as a part of its processes, or you just run an office and have to deal with a lot of paper waste and food waste, you still have a duty to dispose of it correctly.
Robinsons Facilities Services offers commercial waste collection in Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds, York, and every other area of Yorkshire, meaning that you can rest easy knowing that your waste is being managed responsibly.
Types of Commercial Waste
There are a variety of different types of commercial waste that are produced, and all of these have their own specific waste disposal needs.
- Food waste. This is produced a lot in kitchens and hotels, but also in any business where people prepare or eat food, including factories and even offices. This can also attract pests or cause unpleasant smells. It is important to have a food waste bin to put all of this waste into, as it will then be taken away and disposed of correctly, rather than just being thrown in the general waste bin.
- Paper and cardboard. These are two of the most common types of commercial waste, and they can both be recycled.
- Plastic. Plastic waste is becoming more and more of a problem, so it is important to recycle as much of it as possible.
- Metal. Metal waste can be recycled, but it can also be reused if it is in good condition.
- Hazardous waste. This is any waste that could be harmful to people or the environment, and it includes things like chemicals, oil, and batteries. This type of waste needs to be disposed of carefully to make sure that it does not cause any damage.
- Clinical waste. This is any waste that comes from medical premises, and it includes things like needles and dressings. This type of waste needs to be disposed of carefully to make sure that it does not cause any harm to people.
- Confidential waste. This is any waste that contains confidential information, such as paperwork from a business. This type of waste needs to be disposed of carefully to make sure that the confidential information does not fall into the wrong hands.
With so many different types of waste all having their own unique properties, you can see why commercial waste collection and water management services are necessary.
Duty of Care with Waste Management
As well as being morally responsible for disposing of your commercial waste correctly, you are also legally obliged to do so. The Environmental Protection Act 1990 makes businesses responsible for the waste they produce, and this means that you have to make sure that it is disposed of correctly.
There are a few different things you need to do to make sure that you are meeting your legal obligations:
- Keep track of the waste you produce. This means knowing what type of waste it is, how much of it there is, and where it came from.
- Make sure that you store your waste safely. This means keeping it in a secure place where it cannot leak or spill, and making sure that it is not going to cause any pollution.
- Ensure that your commercial waste is disposed of by a trusted waste disposal company.
Robinsons Facilities Services and Waste Disposal
Our experienced and accredited team can help you with all of your commercial waste collection and disposal needs, and we will make sure that everything is done correctly and legally. We understand the importance of commercial waste management, and we will work with you to make sure that your waste is disposed of responsibly.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient waste collection service, with advice on the types of bins you need. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.