Other Commercial Building Services
Industrial gates are required in a wide variety of different business premises. They can help to control security and only allow the visitors you want on site. Barrier gates aren’t just for car parks and large industrial buildings; there are many uses for these kinds of gates.
Robinsons Facilities Services can provide maintenance, repair, and installation services for all types of industrial gates.
If you have an industrial gate that needs servicing, get in touch with us today. We can provide a free quote.
Types of Industrial Gates
There are many different types of industrial gates, each with their own specific purpose.
- Swing Gates: These kinds of swing barrier gates are usually hinged on one side and open outwards. They are typically used in domestic settings but can be seen in some businesses too.
- Sliding Gates: Sliding gates are great for when there is limited space. They open and close horizontally and are often seen in car parks.
- Barrier Gates: Barrier gates are usually automated and control the flow of traffic. They are common in car parks and other commercial traffic areas.
- Roller Shutters: Roller shutters are a type of gate that is made from interlocking metal slats. They are often used to secure a premises and can be seen on shop fronts and warehouses.
- Traffic Arm Barriers: Traffic arm barriers are often used to control the flow of traffic in and out of a car park, and to check payment or security clearance before allowing a vehicle to enter.
- Turnstile Barrier Gate: Turnstile barrier gates are a type of security gate that is often used in public transport settings, such as train stations or stadiums. They allow one person through at a time and can be set to only allow entry with a valid ticket or pass.
Industrial Gate Maintenance
It is important to keep your industrial gate well-maintained to ensure it is working properly. Regular maintenance can also help to extend the life of your gate.
As part of a planned preventative maintenance program, our team can service all types of industrial gates across Yorkshire and surrounding regions. We will carry out a full inspection of the gate and its components to check for any signs of wear or damage. We will then carry out any necessary repairs or replacements.
If you would like to find out more about our industrial gate maintenance services, get in touch with us today.
Industrial Gate Installation
If you need an industrial gate installed, our team can help. We have experience installing all types of gates, from simple swing gates to automated barrier gates.
We will work with you to find the perfect gate for your needs and budget. We can also provide a range of bespoke options to suit your specific requirements, even if you need gates in an unusual size or shape.
Benefits of Barrier Gates and Industrial Gates
There are many benefits to having an industrial gate or barrier gate installed on your premises.
They can help to improve security by controlling who has access to your site. This is especially important if you have sensitive areas on your premises that you don’t want unauthorised people to access.
Gates can also help to regulate the flow of traffic, both vehicle and pedestrian. This can be helpful in preventing congestion and accidents.
Robinsons Facilities Services can advise on the perfect gates for your premises, installing barrier gates with the perfect level of security. As well as installation, we can provide you with maintenance and even emergency repairs.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient response time to all breakdowns and repairs. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.
Industrial Gates FAQs
If you have powered doors and gates it is your responsibility to check that they are safe, working properly, and even maintained properly. This needs to be done by a competent professional which may mean a contractor.
The laws that are relevant include:
- design, manufacture, supply and installation under the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008; and
- inspection and maintenance under the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992.
Electric gates are significantly more secure and allow you to control them from afar. They may be much easier to monitor and therefore less of a risk of intruders entering the premises
Call our Yorkshire Head Office about Industrial Gates
- Fast Response Times
- Coverage Throughout Yorkshire
- Highly Accredited Commercial Engineers