Electrical, Lifts & Access
If you have a lift on your commercial premises then you should be aware that maintenance is not optional. It is your responsibility to ensure that the lift is functioning safely.
There are many restrictions and regulations regarding lift maintenance and lift services, and our experienced and accredited team can help you with maintenance, repair, and installation across Yorkshire.
What is a Lift Service?
A lift service is a procedure whereby the safety and operation of your lift is checked. This includes an examination of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
This is a way to ensure that you are legally compliant and that your lift is functioning properly.
A service from one of the top lift maintenance companies may involve:
- Checking the call lights and buttons.
- Inspecting the door operators.
- Examining the safety devices.
- Testing the emergency stop button.
- Checking that the doors open and close correctly.
- Checking that the acceleration and deceleration are correct.
These are just a few examples of what is included in a lift service. Your model and use of lift could play a part. For a more comprehensive list, and a bespoke lift service, please get in touch with our experienced team. We boast a wealth of experience and knowledge of LOLER and PUWER regulations as well as numerous industry accreditations.
Benefits of Regular Lift Maintenance
There are many benefits to having a lift service carried out on a regular basis. These include:
- Ensuring that your lift is safe for use.
- Minimising the risk of breakdowns and potential repairs.
- Helping to extend the life of your lift so you can get more years out of it before having to replace a lift.
- Giving you peace of mind that your lift is compliant with all relevant regulations.
Our team can provide you with a comprehensive lift service that covers all the essential checks. We will also provide you with a report detailing the condition of your lift and any recommendations for further action.
So, if you are looking for a reliable and experienced lift maintenance company, please get in touch with our team today.
How Often Should I Get My Lift Checked?
There are a number of factors that will determine how often you should get your lift serviced. For most lifts, we recommend a service every six months, and in some busier environments, we would recommend a service every three to six months.
Lift Maintenance Regulations
Lift maintenance regulations include PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations) must be understood if you have lifts on your premises.
LOLER outlines that a lot of lifting equipment must be inspected every six months to check that it is functioning correctly and not posing a health and safety risk.
As outlined in the HSE advice, lifting equipment must be checked in the following scenarios:
- Before first use (unless there is a valid Declaration of Conformity made less than 12 months earlier)
- Where it depends on installation, or re-installation / assembly at another site
- Where it is exposed to conditions causing deterioration, liable to result in danger
So, as well as regular maintenance, you may need lift servicing in other scenarios such as moving premises.
As well as maintenance, we offer an emergency call out service across the whole of Yorkshire, so you can rest assured that we will be there when you need us.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient response time to all breakdowns and repairs. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.