Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration
Ventilation System Maintenance
Ventilation system maintenance is essential for the safe and efficient running of your ventilation system and to ensure you always have clean air within your commercial property.
No matter what type of ventilation system you have installed on your premises, Robinsons Facilities Services can regularly maintain your system, helping to spot early signs of issues and improve your air quality.
Why Maintain Your Ventilation System?
Do you really need to maintain your ventilation system? Absolutely. Ventilation is crucial and circulating fresh air is a way to get rid of potential airborne diseases. There are many benefits to ventilation system maintenance:
- Get rid of airborne diseases, mould, and other harmful particles that can circulate in the air.
- Reduce the amount of energy your ventilation system uses – a properly maintained system will work more efficiently.
- Spot potential issues early on, before they become bigger and more expensive problems.
- Improve the air quality in your commercial property for employees, customers, and visitors.
- Extended lifespan of the system, a well-maintained ventilation system is more likely to last longer.
- Quieter running. Over time, systems can become noisy if not maintained and repaired as required.
Remember that it is your responsibility in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act to provide a safe workplace for your employees, and this includes air quality.
What Ventilation System Maintenance Involves
Ventilation system maintenance involves a number of tasks, which can vary depending on the specific system you have in place.
Our Refcom accredited engineers are experienced and knowledgeable in all makes and models, ensuring the necessary tasks are complete.
Maintenance tasks may include:
- Cleaning filters and ductwork – this may include kitchen ducting, and can ensure your ventilation system is not working harder than necessary and improve air quality.
- Inspecting ductwork for any signs of damage or leaks – these can cause a drop in efficiency or allow contaminants into the system.
- Checking for blockages – this can again cause a drop in efficiency and may cause the system to overwork.
- Inspecting fans – this will ensure they are running smoothly and not causing any issues.
- Lubricating moving parts – this helps to keep the system running smoothly and quietly.
- Checking controls – making sure they are functioning correctly so that you can maintain the correct level of ventilation.
We work with you to create a regular maintenance schedule, ensuring that your ventilation is checked at a convenient time and in a fast and efficient manner so we don’t disrupt your business.
Other Ventilation System Services
As well as maintenance, Robinsons Facilities Services can help you with the installation of a ventilation system, whether you need to replace an old extraction or ventilation system in a kitchen or office, or you need a brand new system entirely.
Our expert engineers can advise on a suitable system for your business premises. Working across Yorkshire and the North of England, we can install your system quickly and efficiently.
We also offer a repair service, so if you do have any issues with your ventilation system, we can help to get it up and running again as quickly as possible.
Robinsons Facilities Services Ventilation System Maintenance
Robinsons Facilities Services offers a comprehensive ventilation system maintenance service to customers across Yorkshire and the North.
Our team of fully qualified and experienced engineers are on hand to carry out all necessary tasks to keep your system running smoothly.
For all your ventilation system needs, get in touch with Robinsons Facilities Services today. We’re here to help you ensure your commercial property has clean air and is a safe and healthy environment for employees and customers.
Ventilation System Maintenance FAQs
Poor ventilation system maintenance can create hazards within your business. As well as causing overheating it can also cause ill-health among employees or unsafe levels of carbon dioxide.
Often there are physical signs, as you may get watery eyes, or skin rashes and sore throats and sinus pain which can come from poor ventilation. In a kitchen, it can prevent smoke from escaping.
As a minimum, ventilation systems should be maintained and serviced every two years but some businesses require more frequent checks. Filter changes may be required quarterly.
Ventilation certificates show that you have compliance with building regulations and testing, and can be issued to show the performance of your systems.