Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration
Ventilation System Maintenance
It is the business owner’s legal responsibility to ensure adequate ventilation in enclosed areas within their commercial property. To achieve this, ventilation system maintenance is essential and should only be carried out by qualified professionals.
Trust Robinsons Facilities Services for all your commercial ventilation system servicing and maintenance needs in and around Yorkshire. Our team of REFCOM-certified engineers will maintain your system to the highest standard, helping to spot early signs of issues while improving the air quality in your commercial premises.
Why Is Ventilation System Maintenance Important?
Do you really need to maintain your ventilation system? Absolutely.
Here are just some of the many benefits of regular ventilation system maintenance:
- Disease control – regular ventilation system cleaning and maintenance removes airborne diseases, mould, and other harmful particles that can circulate in the air.
- Energy efficiency – it will reduce the amount of energy your ventilation system uses making it more efficient.
- Avoid costly repairs – the more frequently you have your commercial ventilation system serviced, the better chance you have of spotting issues before they become expensive problems.
- Fresh air – it will improve the air quality in your commercial property for employees, customers, and visitors.
- Extended lifespan – a well-maintained ventilation system is more likely to last longer.
- Quieter running – systems can become noisy over time if not maintained and repaired as required.
Remember that it is your responsibility in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act to provide a safe workplace for your employees, and this includes ventilation and air quality.
Read more in our blog on The Importance of Good Ventilation →
What Does Ventilation System Maintenance Involve?
Ventilation system maintenance involves several tasks, which can vary depending on the specific system you have in place.
Our REFCOM-accredited engineers have decades of experience maintaining ventilation systems of all makes and models.
Common ventilation system maintenance tasks may include:
- Cleaning filters and ductwork – this may include kitchen ducting and will ensure your ventilation system is working at maximum efficiency to improve air quality.
- Inspecting ductwork – any signs of damage or leaks can cause a drop in efficiency or allow contaminants into the system.
- Checking for blockages – a blocked system will reduce efficiency and could cause the system to overheat.
- Inspecting fans – will ensure they are running efficiently.
- Lubricating moving parts – will keep the system running smoothly and quietly.
- Checking controls – makes sure they are functioning correctly so that you can maintain the desired level of ventilation.
At Robinsons Facilities Services, we work with you to create a bespoke Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule. As such, your ventilation system will be checked quickly and efficiently at a convenient time causing minimal disruption to your business.
Commercial Ventilation Experts Yorkshire
As well as ventilation system maintenance, Robinsons Facilities Services can also help you with ventilation system installation and repair.
Ventilation System Installation
Our expert engineers can advise on the most suitable system for your business premises. Working across Yorkshire and the North of England, we can install your system quickly and efficiently.
So, whether you need to replace an old extraction or ventilation system in a kitchen or office, or you need a brand new system entirely, we’ve got you covered.
Ventilation System Repair
We also offer a repair service for your commercial ventilation system. If you have any issues or breakdowns, our qualified engineers will be there to get you back up and running again in no time.
Our packages include:
Get in Touch
Robinsons Facilities Services offers a comprehensive ventilation system maintenance service to customers across Yorkshire and the North.
Our team of fully qualified and experienced engineers are on hand to carry out all necessary tasks to keep your system running smoothly.
Our customers love us! Read our testimonials →
Ventilation System Maintenance FAQs
Poor ventilation system maintenance can create hazards within your business. As well as causing overheating, it can also cause ill-health among employees or unsafe levels of carbon dioxide.
Some physical signs of poor ventilation include watery eyes, rashes, sore throat, and sinus pain. In a commercial kitchen setting, poor ventilation can prevent smoke from escaping which can have life-threatening consequences.
Ventilation systems should be serviced at least every two years but some businesses require more frequent checks. Filter changes may be required quarterly.
Ventilation certificates show that you are compliant with building regulations and testing, and can be issued to show the performance of your ventilation systems.
Yes. Not only will regular maintenance prolong your ventilation system’s lifespan, but it is also often required as part of the warranty.
The average cost of ventilation system maintenance typically ranges from around £100 to over £1,000. The price depends on several factors, such as the maintenance package you have selected, the size of the system, the parts needed, and the amount of work that needs to be carried out. For a free, no-obligation quote, contact us now →