Plumbing, Cold Water & Hygiene
Water Chlorination Certificate
Water chlorination may form a big part of your water safety considerations. A water chlorination certificate proves that you have chlorinated and treated your water to a professional standard. This way, you can prove to your local water authority or other utility companies that your water is safe for use.
Chemical disinfection doesn’t always mean chlorination. There are other methods, however, chlorination is the most common chemical system, which is why they are called chlorination certificates.
Our team of skilled professionals can provide water chlorination services and certificates across Yorkshire. Get in touch today to discuss your water system’s needs.
When Do You Need a Water Chlorination Certificate?
There are several reasons why you might need to get a water chlorination contractor to issue you with a water chlorination certificate.
- If you’re selling a commercial property that has its own water supply, the new owners will need to have the water quality certified.
- If you install a new water system or new components within your water system.
- If the system has been out of use for a long time and you are planning to use it again.
- If you have experienced a Legionella outbreak or if Legionella has shown on a test.
- If there is any indication of stagnation in the tanks or water system.
Water contractors such as the experienced team at Robinsons Facilities Services can help you with all aspects of water management including testing and chlorinating your system.
What Happens During Water Chlorination?
A water chlorination contractor will visit your site and assess your water system before chlorination. A chlorination process may look like this:
- A reading will be taken to show how much chlorine is in the water supplied by your utility company.
- The contractor will pre-flush the system with clean water which gets rid of any debris within the system or the pipes.
- The pipes and water system is filled with a chlorine solution or other chemical treatment, which stays in contact with the system for a period of time to disinfect it.
- The system is flushed once again to remove the chlorine. This is to get the system back to the original reading.
- Water is then held in the pipes for a period of time before a sample is taken and sent to a UKAS lab, where it is analysed.
- The test results dictate the chlorination certificate, as the system should fall in line with British Standards BS6700, BS EN 806 or BS8558.
The chlorination process can be tailored to your needs by our skillful and professional team, and is required before issuing your chlorination certificate.
How Long Does Water Chlorination Take?
Our team makes sure that your system complies with ACoP L8 (HSG 274) and COSHH regulations, and the process of chlorination can vary depending on the size and complexity of the system, as well as what kind of water system you have on your premises.
Some systems can be tested within 3-6 hours, but it depends on the specifics of your own water supply. If it is particularly dirty or there are issues accessing the system then it may take longer. Our team is able to visit your team and estimate the time it will take, but every system is different.
Robinsons Facilities Services
Our team offers a variety of different water services including a variety of water hygiene services, Legionella monitoring, and water testing, along with issuing water chlorination certificates. Testing is carried out to the highest standards to ensure water safety and legal compliance with COSHH regulations.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient response time to all breakdowns and repairs. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.
Why Choose Robinsons Facilities Services?
- Adaptable prices
- 24/7/365 availability
- Highly trained experts
- Years of experience
Our customers love us! Read our testimonials.