Plumbing, Cold Water & Hygiene
Water Hygiene Services
As a business owner, water hygiene is of utmost importance. Robinsons Facilities Services offers a range of water hygiene services to help keep your business premises safe and in line with COSHH and HSE regulations. Our water hygiene services include:
- Commercial Plumbing
- Industrial Water Treatment Services
- RPZ Valve Testing
- Water Sampling
- Water Tank Cleaning
- Fogging Cleaning
Are you in search of reliable water hygiene companies in Yorkshire? At Robinsons Facilities Services, our bespoke water treatment and hygiene services are designed to meet your business needs. If you’d like to request a quote or discuss your requirements further, please call us at 01423226578 or visit our Contact Us page.
Alternatively, if you’d like to learn more about industrial water hygiene services and our approach, continue reading below.
What Is Water Hygiene?
Water hygiene refers to the systematic management of water systems to prevent the growth and transmission of harmful bacteria like Legionella and E. coli. Effective water hygiene involves regularly testing water samples, disinfecting tanks and taps, controlling temperatures, and removing contamination sources. This is done through cleaning, ongoing monitoring and maintenance, assessing risks, and documenting all procedures to comply with the UK’s comprehensive regulatory system for maintaining water supply quality.
Why Use Water Hygiene Services?
It is the business owner’s responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work Act to manage their water supply and ensure that it is safe, with minimal risk to their employees and customers.
As Robinsons Facilities Services, we take care of all of your water hygiene service needs so you can concentrate on your business.
Other benefits of using a professional water hygiene company include:
- Compliance – Avoid penalties for non-compliance with regular water testing and disinfection.
- Protect Health – Safe water prevents illness from spreading to staff and customers. This avoids negative PR from an outbreak associated with the business.
- Limit Disruptions – Proactive monitoring and maintenance minimises emergency closures for equipment repairs or contamination investigations.
- Reduce Liability – Documented testing and disinfection by certified providers demonstrates due diligence if legal claims related to water quality arise.
- Save Money – Preventing contamination is more affordable than reactive repairs, replacements or litigation costs after a problem emerges.
- Reassure Customers – Certificates confirming water safety procedures reassure customers that water is contaminant-free.
- Staying Ahead – Routine water hygiene keeps businesses alerted to and ahead of any developing risks.
By partnering with reputable water hygiene companies like Robinsons Facilities Services, Yorkshire business owners can reliably and affordably safeguard water quality. This is a smart investment that pays dividends through better compliance, health protection, and risk management.
Types of Water Hygiene Services
There are many different types of commercial water hygiene services. For instance, at Robinsons Facilities Services, we offer:
Our team of trained and accredited plumbers specialise in commercial plumbing. So, whether it’s preventative maintenance, plumbing system installation, or emergency repairs, you can count on Robinsons Facilities Services to solve your commercial plumbing needs.
Learn more about Commercial Plumbing →
Industrial Water Treatment Services
Industrial water treatment reduces water costs and minimises water process disruption, making sure production, process and essential infrastructure equipment run efficiently.
Robinsons Facilities Services can design an industrial water treatment schedule tailored to your business’s needs.
Learn more about our Industrial Water Treatment Services →
RPZ Valve Testing
RPZ valves prevent water from picking up debris or contaminants and then flowing back into the municipal system, which could cause a huge health and safety risk.
We will perform a full RPZ valve test which involves checking the water pressure, check valves, and relief valves to ensure they are functioning correctly. We will also check for any leaks in the system which could cause contamination.
Learn more about RPZ Valve Testing →
Routine water sampling is necessary to ensure that water quality meets both legal and internal standards.
We will take water samples from your system and have them analysed by a UKAS-accredited laboratory. We also offer on-site water testing for Legionella bacteria.
This will help you to identify any issues early on so you can take corrective action to prevent any serious problems.
Find out more about Water Sampling →
Water Tank Cleaning
Water tank cleaning is an essential part of water safety within commercial premises. This includes regular water storage tank maintenance such as cleaning and disinfection.
Robinsons Facilities Services can provide a comprehensive water tank cleaning service for your Yorkshire business.
Learn more about Water Tank Cleaning →
Are you looking to quickly and efficiently kill bacteria and viruses in a room? Robinsons Facilities Services can help you with your fogging cleaning needs and increase the hygiene of your business premises.
Learn more about Fogging Cleaning →
Water Risk Assessments
Risk assessments form a big part of health and safety protocols. HSE’s guidance states that “all water systems require an assessment of the risk which they can carry out themselves if they are competent, or employ somebody who is.” This could be someone with a Water Hygiene Card or ‘Blue Card’, or someone else trained to carry out water hygiene services.
As well as carrying out a full Legionella risk assessment to assess Legionella bacteria risks, we can help you assess and plan for other potential water contamination risks.
Water Chlorination Services and Certification
Water chlorination involves using chlorine to disinfect water and kill bacteria. If a system has shown any signs of stagnation, or if water has been sitting for any period of time, you may need chlorination services including legionella testing or water sampling. New systems, and those that have been significantly altered, will also need chlorination certificates.
It’s an important part of water safety, and we offer chlorination services for both new and existing water systems.
We can also provide you with certification to show that your system has been properly chlorinated in line with BS 8558:2011 guidelines.
Unlike many other water hygiene companies, we can also offer training on aspects of water hygiene, such as Legionella awareness training. This helps to ensure that your team understands the risks and the importance of water hygiene. Training can also inform your weekly or monthly water system maintenance.
Contact us today for more information on our training options.
The Risks of Failing to Maintain High Water Hygiene
Failing to maintain a clean water hygiene system can lead to several risks and potential health hazards, including:
- Legionnaires’ disease: This is a type of pneumonia caused by inhaling Legionella bacteria, which can grow and spread in water systems that are not properly maintained. Legionnaires’ disease can be severe and potentially fatal, particularly in individuals with weakened immune systems.
- Other waterborne diseases: A range of other waterborne diseases can also be spread through contaminated water systems, including gastroenteritis, hepatitis A, and cryptosporidiosis. These illnesses can cause a range of symptoms, including diarrhoea, vomiting, and fever.
- Reduced water quality: Over time, buildups of sediment, debris, and other contaminants in water systems can lead to reduced water quality. This can affect the taste and appearance of the water and may make it less suitable for drinking or other uses.
- Damage to water systems: Failing to maintain water systems can also lead to mechanical problems, such as leaks, blockages, and damage to pipes, pumps, and other components. These issues can be costly to repair and may also lead to water damage in the building.
- Legal and financial liabilities: In the UK, there are legal requirements for maintaining clean water hygiene systems, and failure to meet these requirements can lead to fines, legal action, and damage to a business’s reputation.
Finding Reputable Water Hygiene Companies in Yorkshire
If you’re looking for a commercial or industrial hygienic services company that can help you keep your business premises safe, get in touch with Robinsons Facilities Services today.
Whether it’s RPZ valve testing, fogging cleaning or other commercial plumbing services, our water treatment and water testing services can help you meet your legal obligations and keep your customers and employees safe.
Robinsons Facilities Services have helped customers with their water hygiene systems and compliance for years, and our experienced team has even dealt with issues regarding legionella and other potential diseases. Safety is always at the forefront of our minds when it comes to our cleaning, sampling, testing, and water treatment services.
We offer water hygiene services across Yorkshire, covering North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire. We guarantee a fast, efficient response time to all breakdowns and repairs. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out.
Why Choose Robinsons Facilities Services?
- Adaptable prices
- 24/7/365 availability
- Highly trained experts
- Years of experience
Our customers love us! Read our testimonials.
Other Water Hygiene Services FAQs
A water chlorination certificate is part of the documentation required and can help you to prove your systems have been adequately chlorinated and protected against diseases such as legionella.
Legally, every two years is usually the frequency required, depending on business type. However, it is worth getting your systems tested and treated more regularly. We recommend annual checks at the very least.
The testing frequency totally depends on the type of system you are running. A legionella risk assessment can help to inform the frequency of tests. Open systems, such as cooling towers and evaporative condensers will need to be checked professionally at least every quarter.
Discoloured water, reduced flow, strange odours, increased sediments or microbial growth indicate possible contamination.
Yes, hot water systems still carry risks for bacterial growth, especially Legionella which thrives in 35–46°C water.
Good practices include temperature control, regularly flushing infrequently used outlets, preventing stagnation, and tank inspections.
Costs vary based on the size and complexity of the water system in your business. You can expect to pay around £300 for a small business with less than 10-60 sinks. Larger commercial premises can cost anything from £500 upwards. Get in touch with us for a quote today!