Plumbing, Cold Water & Hygiene
Other Water Hygiene Services
Robinsons Facilities Services offers a range of different water hygiene services to help you to keep your business premises safe and in line with COSHH and HSE regulations.
It is your responsibility to manage your water supply and ensure that it is safe, with minimal risk to your employees or your customers.
Our water hygiene services include:
The Importance of Commercial Water Hygiene
It is your responsibility within the Health and Safety at Work Act to ensure that water on your premises is safe, and to manage the risk of Legionella bacteria contamination or waterborne diseases.
You must also ensure that water used for food preparation and drinking is clean and free from contaminants.
There are a number of water hygiene services that we offer that can help you to meet your legal obligations. Robinsons Facilities Services can offer Legionella control services, helping you to manage the potentially fatal Legionella bacteria and ensure that your system isn’t posing a risk.
Our water treatment systems can help you to meet your safety obligations and to achieve peace of mind when it comes to your water quality.
Our Yorkshire-based team can offer services including Legionella and water system risk assessments, tank cleaning, and repair work should something go wrong.
Routine water sampling is advisable in order to ensure that water quality meets both legal and internal standards.
We can take water samples from your system and have them analysed by a UKAS-accredited laboratory. We also offer on-site water testing for Legionella bacteria.
This will help you to identify any issues early on, so that you can take corrective action to prevent any serious problems.
Water Risk Assessments
Risk assessments form a big part of health and safety protocol. HSE’s guidance states that “all water systems require an assessment of the risk which they can carry out themselves if they are competent, or employ somebody who is.” This could be someone with a Water Hygiene Card, or someone else trained to carry out water hygiene services.
As well as carrying out a full Legionella risk assessment to assess Legionella bacteria risks, we can help you to assess and plan for other potential water contamination risks.
Water Chlorination Services and Certification
Water chlorination is the process of using chlorine to disinfect water and kill bacteria. If a system has shown any signs of stagnation, or if water has been sitting for any period of time, you may need chlorination services including legionella testing or water sampling. New systems, and those that have been significantly altered, will also need chlorination certificates.
It’s an important part of water safety, and we offer chlorination services for both new and existing water systems.
We can also provide you with certification to show that your system has been properly chlorinated in line with BS 8558:2011 guidelines.
Unlike many other water hygiene companies, we can also offer training on aspects of water hygiene, such as Legionella awareness training. This helps to ensure that your team understands the risks and the importance of water hygiene. Training can also inform your weekly or monthly water system maintenance.
The Risks of Failing to Maintain High Water Hygiene
Failing to maintain a clean water hygiene system can lead to a number of risks and potential health hazards, including:
- Legionnaires’ disease: This is a type of pneumonia caused by inhaling Legionella bacteria, which can grow and spread in water systems that are not properly maintained. Legionnaires’ disease can be severe and potentially fatal, particularly in individuals with weakened immune systems.
- Other waterborne diseases: A range of other waterborne diseases can also be spread through contaminated water systems, including gastroenteritis, hepatitis A, and cryptosporidiosis. These illnesses can cause a range of symptoms, including diarrhoea, vomiting, and fever.
- Reduced water quality: Over time, buildups of sediment, debris, and other contaminants in water systems can lead to reduced water quality. This can affect the taste and appearance of the water and may make it less suitable for drinking or other uses.
- Damage to water systems: Failing to maintain water systems can also lead to mechanical problems, such as leaks, blockages, and damage to pipes, pumps, and other components. These issues can be costly to repair and may also lead to water damage in the building.
- Legal and financial liabilities. In the UK, there are legal requirements for maintaining clean water hygiene systems, and failure to meet these requirements can lead to fines, legal action, and damage to a business’s reputation.
Our Water Hygiene Services
If you’re looking for water hygiene services that can help you to keep your business premises safe, whether it’s RPZ valve testing, fogging cleaning or other commercial plumbing services, get in touch with Robinsons Facilities Services today.
We offer a range of water treatment and water testing services that can help you to meet your legal obligations and keep your employees safe.
Working across Yorkshire, we cover North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and South Yorkshire and offer a fast, efficient response time to all breakdowns and repairs. Contact us today for all planned, reactive maintenance or emergency call out. Call 01423 226578 or get in touch to see how Robinsons Facilities Services can help.
Why Choose Robinsons Facilities Services?
- Adaptable prices
- 24/7/365 availability
- Highly trained experts
- Years of experience
Our customers love us! Read our testimonials.
Other Water Hygiene Services FAQs
Water hygiene services help you to keep everyone on site safe, reduce the risk of diseases, and ensure that you meet your responsibilities as a workplace.
A water hygiene risk assessment is a way to analyse and assess risks such as legionella bacteria. Water systems should be assessed by a professional to mitigate against any risks.
A water chlorination certificate is part of the documentation required and can help you to prove your systems have been adequately chlorinated and protected against diseases such as legionella.
Call our Yorkshire Head Office about Other Water Hygiene Services
- Fast Response Times
- Coverage Throughout Yorkshire
- Highly Accredited Commercial Engineers
Contact Us Today about Other Water Hygiene Services!
Accreditations See our full list of accreditations Accreditations
Click here to Send an Enquiry