Check out our 10 interesting facts about HVAC video.
- Willis Carrier invented the first modern air conditioning system in 1902.
- The first use of a heating system came from the Romans and was called The Hypocaust.
- Ventilation is the process of clean/fresh air being supplied to an area and stale air being removed.
- The majority of HVAC system failures are down to dirt and dust in the system.
- Heat energy is created by the movement of molecules, when an object is heated the molecules move faster and when cooled move slower.
- The first public commercial place air conditioning was installed was a cinema.
- Productivity rates of employees is proven to be higher in an office of a reasonable temperature, which is why so many offices have air conditioning units for both heating and cooling.
- Heating boilers can now run up to 90% efficiency.
- The recommended frequency of servicing HVAC equipment is every 12 months.
- Air pollution is one of the UK’s biggest killers, showing the importance of ventilation!
10 facts about HVAC